Head of Programs
Head of Programs (Muslim Hands Sri Lanka)
Madurankuly, Sri Lanka
Prgram planning, management and implementation
· Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and budgets for all programs in the country.
· Provide leadership to the Programme Team towards achieving the objectives of the Country Strategy of Muslim Hands (MH) Sri Lanka.
· Review and ensure alignment of program priorities, strategies and plans to the MH Global Strategy and MH country strategy and objectives.
· Support the Country Director and the Senior Management Team to lead the development of both strategic and operational plans in accordance with the strategy and planning guidelines.
· Ensure MH Sri Lanka’s programme activities are grounded, strongly inter linked, and consolidated at the national level in line with country strategy.
· Ensure quality implementation of all projects of MH Sri Lanka
· Ensure learning are documented by the programme team in the most effective way demonstrating value for money.
Fund Raising & Donor Relationship Management
· Support the Country Director, in developing and managing relationship within country donors.
· Lead on development of programme ideas into quality grant proposals through a community based, participatory approach.
· Collaborate with the Humanitarian and International Partnership Development Department (HIPD) of MH to respond to potential funding opportunities in the country.
Program Reviews, Monitoring, Evaluation, Program Learning and Reporting
· Ensure close monitoring of the program works in the field to ensure alignment and contribution to country strategy, monitor flow of information and systemic documentation of quantitative and qualitative achievements in the field and lessons learned thereof۔
· Facilitate Global Operations Development Department of Muslim Hands to conduct MEAL activities in the country.
· Ensure the functioning of in-house Management Information System (Strategy Tracker) and archive associated data at local repositories.
· Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly and annual or required programme and project performance reports as per desired standards and guidelines.
· Ensure compliance of approved programme and project plans.
· Promote evidence-based learning and the agenda of advancing alternatives
· Represent the organization in various programme-related knowledge sharing and learning forums, document and share feedback with the team.
· Track trends in contemporary development programming and programme management practices, document and provide advice/ recommendations on key developments to the management.
Partnerships and Networking
· Support Program Managers to strengthen networks in the MH Sri Lanka’s collaboration areas.
· Provide support to the networks for building capacity of the member organisations.
· Support the Programme Managers in strengthening our relationship with the strategic networks and alliances.
· Represent MH Sri Lanka and participate in network and alliance meetings, events and forums at national and international levels.
· Ensure effective information flow and communication with other stakeholders including partners and international teams.
· Initiate and nurture networks and alliances with academia, and research institutions.
· Ensure effective partnerships at all levels as per standard procedures and guidelines of the organization.
· Coordinate and support review of MH Sri Lanka partnerships.
· Ensure follow up of partners after reviews and reflections.
· Develop, monitor, review and update the Programme department activity, work plan to ensure that it attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
· Review and approve programme concepts, partner financial requests as per organizational process and procedures.
· Manage the expenditure and disbursement of resources allocated to program department.
· Review programme expenditures from the programme team to ensure conformity to Financial Policies and Procedures Manual.
· Monitor and advise on programme and project spending and variance report as per organizational process and procedures.
Human Resource Management
· Lead and manage program team to achieve its mandated targets in accordance to annual operational plans.
· Ensure an empowering work environment and team building in compliance to MH values, principles and attitude.
· Ensure an enabling environment for staff performance, recognition and reward of the program team to encourage staff productivity, innovation and performance (e.g. facilities, equipment, duty facilitation, team building etc.).
· Participate in the review of staff job descriptions and setting of performance standards.
· Involves in recruitment of staff under supervision of HR.
· Assign performance objectives to supervised staff, conducts comprehensive performance appraisal of supervised staff and provides / obtains feedback when necessary.
· Ensure that performance records of staff under supervision are submitted to HR on time.
· Provides induction, training, coaching, mentoring and advice to supervised staff to ensure that they understand and carry out their responsibilities effectively.
· Work with HR Function to identify training needs and development opportunities for supervised staff
Policy Management and Compliance
· Lead the development and implementation of country-specific guidelines for the management of partnerships in line with the country strategy and other relevant organizational policies.
· Participate in the review and update of MH policies and procedures at country level and advise the management on the potential implications of the new system, policies and procedures.
· Implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that correct procedures are followed by staff under supervision.
· Adhere/ Comply with approved organisational policies and procedures.
Required Qualification, Experience and Skills:
· Masters’ Degree in, Development Studies, Public Policy, Management or other similar fields.
· Ability to fluently use local language(s).
· Excellent communication in English, both verbal and written.
· Ability to deal with stressful situations.
· Ability to work within a team setting.
· Ability to adapt within the working environment.
· Leadership and management.
· Strategic thinking.
· Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation.
· Networking, influencing, and interpersonal
· Crisis management and conflict resolution.
· Planning, organization, time management, and coordination.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and native/national language.
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· At least 5-7 years of previous experience on similar position with any I/NGO or a charitable organization.
· Minimum of 10-12 years of total experience in development sector.
· Previous management experience in the same country is highly preferred.
· Knowledge and experience of Global standards, SDGs and other associated international frameworks.
· Experience in security management.