MEAL Officer -
Muslim Hands Sri Lanka
Job Description Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
MEAL Expert Muslim Hands Global Operations Development Department
Muslim Hands Country Office Sri Lanka
To support the improvement of program efficacy and effectiveness, during the program life cycle through Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
· Implement and strengthen MEAL systems and processes to assure achievement and progress towards program objectives and outcomes –
· Develop and execute the MEAL Plan for Program/projects, coordinate, monitor and formulate the performance of the quality monitoring system indicators.
· Develop appropriate quality monitoring tools in close coordination with Global Operation Development Department Technical Experts (TEs).
· Manage internal and external program evaluations when deemed necessary and coordinates the planning and execution of need assessment, baseline, midline, end line assessments. Review assessments/evaluation reports to ensure these meet the quality criteria and leads the integration of recommendations and lessons learned in project planning and future programming.
· Participate in program design and proposal writing in the areas of theory of change, Result Chain, log frame design and MEAL plan.
· Advice and support program teams on quality data gathering and analysis to facilitate informed program design.
· Provide research studies, MEAL tools/templates for the implementation of programs and assist in research and analysis for the development of new programs as when required. Monitor/Oversee the implementation of data management tools for process and quality improvement.
· Support program teams to set up accountability mechanisms to beneficiaries and community members. Maintain the CRM data base and ensure the responsive use of accountability mechanisms.
· Support and follow up on monitoring findings action plan tracker, and learning events to document lessons learned and best practices from interventions.
· Conduct analysis of program results to support evidence-based program decision making and program quality improvement, using appropriate software as necessary.
· Ensure timely and accurate data entry in global strategic tracker.
· Review field activities progress and ensure all MOVs are as per program requirement.
· Coordinate with Global Operation Development Department for technical guidance on strategic tracker, capacity buildings initiatives and result chain framework compliance.
Key Performance Measure/Indicators
· Quality MEAL system in place and operational in Muslim Hands Country Office
Qualification & Experience
· Master’s degree in an M&E, social sciences, development studies social work, or any other relevant discipline.
· Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation, accountability, learning, research and evaluation methodologies, standards and practices.
· Understanding of contemporary trends and innovations in MEAL.
· Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and statistics.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, research and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
· Independent, self-starter and creative.
· Ability to work under minimum supervision or independently
· Must be a team player and ready to work in and contribute to team building environment
· Team player, appreciates cultural diversity and inclusion, safeguarding/ protection issues etc.
· Computer literate with good presentation skills
· Excellent written and communication skills